Gotami Vihara Society recognises the fact that there is a need for a conducive and safe space where yogis can go to for meditation self-practice. Now that we have a resident nun Maechee Punnisa, she has agreed to facilitate this and also to guide those who are new to the practice. Maechee will do it in dual language, ie. English and Mandarin.
We are starting on 5 March, 2016. Anyone, both male and female who needs somewhere nearby to calm themselves, to de-stress after a tough week, avoid a burn-out or to recharge batteries for the following week, please feel free to come and join the others who have the same intention. Group sittings give group energy. The silent support from each other can be very healing too!
Details are shown below and also in the flyer attached.
Date: Every Saturday of the month except second Saturday
Time: 8.30 am to 1.00 pm. (for half-day)
8.30 am to 5.00 pm (for one day)
Fees: Free. Donations are welcome
Hot Drinks: Self-service, with coffee, tea and chocolate drink provided
Lunch Dana: You have the opportunity to offer lunch dana to Maechee. She is not a strict vegetarian.
What to bring
- Your own lunch, forks and spoons. You can keep your food warm in a themos if you wish. We encourage yogis to take home their utensils to wash due to limited time and space
- drinking water
- jacket or shawl
- meditation cushions (optional)
There are shops nearby that sell vegetarian/non-vegetarian food.
Schedule for Half-day or Full day Self-retreat
· 8.30 am Registration 报到
· 9.00 am Start retreat ― Take refuge and observe the five precepts, meditation
自修开始 ― 三皈依，受持五戒。禅修
· 11.30 am Lunch 午餐
· 12.30 pm Half-day retreat over. One day yogis take Mindful rest
· 1.30 pm Meditation – walking, standing or sitting
禅修 – 经行，站或坐
· 3.30 pm Q & A or Dhamma discussions
· 4.30 pm Share of merits and ask for forgiveness
· 4.45 pm Tea time
· 5.00 pm Clean up and leave
Do share this with your relatives or friends whom you feel will benefit from it. Have a peaceful and fruitful self-retreat.
For those friends who do not reside in KL/Selangor or across the oceans, you can create your own space in your homes and invite some relatives and friends who wish to develop mindfulness and meditate, to practise together. You can rotate the venue.
This way you can create peace and love in your homes and communities and role model to the young ones to be mindful and peaceful. Who knows you may be lucky to have someone enlighten in your home!
Sadhu! Sadhu! Sadhu!
Gotami Vihara Society Malaysia